By Micah Mann
1. I swallowed the bubblegum
I took the gift He gave, and it’s gone
I had an itch, and I caved, I feel dumb
2. Wisdom filled sayings from mom
Get replayed on the tip of my tongue
Frivolous fun led to ditches, I’m stuck
3. Now this regret starts to numb,
Open a new stick of gum,
Notice how stupid I was,
I followed the old route I’d run
Tin foil is stuck in my gums.
4. Who thought that preparing is tough?
I’d barely begun
But had buried my luck
Now this isn’t fun—
I’m getting so scared I might run.
5. The Divine seems to cherish my fun,
So He sits me down and walks me through it.
All of a sudden, my whole body is moving
As I look around, my whole family is chewing
6. Swallow saliva, don’t chew your gums
Intentionally chewing the bubble gum.